Dorm Room Recipe: Lemon bars
Hey Coyotes, spring is finally here! Without a doubt, spring is one of my favorite seasons because we are finally out of the cold winter months but not yet in the heat stroke summer. So in honor of spring, I am sharing a special fresh recipe: Lemon Bars.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons of cornstarch
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- ¾ cup butter
- 4 beaten eggs
- 1½ cups granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel
- ¾ cup lemon juice
- ¼ cup half-and-half
- Preheat oven to 350
- Combine flour powdered sugar, cornstarch, and salt in a large bowl.
- Using a pastry blender, cut in butter until the batter looks like crumbs.
- Press the mixture into the bottom of a greased pan and bake for 18 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix together eggs, granulated sugar, 2 tablespoons of flour, lemon peel, lemon juice, and half-and-half in a medium bowl.
- Take the crust out from the oven and pour the liquid mixture over the hot crust.
- Bake the whole thing for 15 minutes.
- Cool, cut, and enjoy!