Dorm Room Recipes: Baked Mozzarella Sticks
Hey, coyotes! For this week I am giving you a healthier spin on one of my favorite snacks, mozzarella sticks!I found this recipe a few years back on the gunnysack.com, and although they are not as amazing as deep fried cheese sticks, the slightly healthier take on the snack is still amazing!
- 12 count package string cheese
- 1 cup panko
- 1 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 1 cup flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Marinara or pizza sauce
- Unwrap string cheese and cut in half.
- Put equal amounts of panko and Italian bread crumbs to a bowl and mix together.
- Beat together 2 eggs and a little milk with a fork.
- Put flour in a third bowl and roll each piece of cheese in the flour.
- Dip the flour coated cheese in the egg mixture and then coat with the breadcrumb mixture.
- Place mozzarella sticks in the freezer for about 30 minutes.
- Remove the mozzarella sticks from the freezer and place them on a baking sheet.
- Melt butter and drizzle it over the mozzarella sticks.
- Bake at 400°F for about 8-10 minutes.
- Dip mozzarella sticks in marinara or pizza sauce.