Dorm Room Recipes: Imposter Dinner
Hey, Coyotes! In honor of the special April 1, edition of the school newspaper, I wanted to share an imposter dinner recipe! For those of you who do not know, an imposter dinner recipe is perfect for this holiday because it is basically a dessert that looks like a dinner.
For this week’s recipe, I found the perfect recipe for Lasagna which is actually banana pudding cake. The recipe comes from foodnetwork.com.
- Box of vanilla pudding
- Loaf of pound cake
- Box of vanilla wafers
- ¾ cup strawberry jam
- ¾ cup ricotta cheese
- 2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 banana
- Shaved white chocolate (optional)
- Mint (optional)
- Prepare the box of instant vanilla pudding according to the directions on the packet.
- Cut a loaf of pound cake into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Arrange half of the slices in a 7-by-11-inch baking dish, then press 20 vanilla wafers into the cake.
- Make fake tomato sauce: Mix 3/4 cup strawberry jam with 5 crushed Oreo cookies and dollop half of the mixture over the wafers.
- Sweeten 3/4 cup ricotta cheese with 2 teaspoons sugar; dollop half over the jam.
- Top with 1 sliced banana and half of the pudding.
- Repeat with the remaining cake, 20 more wafers, the remaining jam and ricotta mixtures, another sliced banana and the remaining pudding.
- Top with shaved white chocolate, crushed vanilla wafers, and mint; chill.